Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Beautiful Girl - by Christiane Northrup, M.D. - review

Beautiful Girl by Christiane Northrup, M.D.



Overview

For years Christiane Northrup, M.D., has taught women about health, wellness, and the miracle of their bodies. Now, in her first children's book, she presents her wonderful wisdom to the youngest of girls.

Beautiful Girl presents this simple but important message: that to be born a girl is a very special thing and carries with it magical gifts and powers that must be recognized and nurtured. Through these empowering words and illustrations, little girls will learn how their bodies are perfect just the way they are, the importance of treating themselves with gentle care, and how changes are just a part of growing up. Dr. Christiane Northrup believes that reading and discussing this book with your girls will help them to value the wonder and uniqueness of their bodies and have positive benefits that will last throughout their lives.


My Review

I received my copy of Beautiful Girl in the mail today.  I was really looking forward to receiving this book as I have two daughters and I love finding books and other items that reaffirm that they are wonderful, beautiful, and inspires them to be themselves.

I read the book to my youngest and then to my oldest who is starting to get at that age where questions are asked. 

I love how this book uplifts girls!  The author mentions girls special gifts, changes and body wonders.  As a parent, this book definitely opens up a lot of room for discussions and it gently reminds the girls that your body is your body and to not let anyone touch you in a way that doesn't feel right.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who has daughters, granddaughters, nieces, friends who have daughters, or if you would like to find a great book to donate to a special cause for the children, this would be the book to buy and donate!  It really is a must read for parents with daughters!

I really enjoyed the illustrations.  Even my youngest, who is 21 months old, loved the pictures and pointed to different items in the pictures.

Thank you to Hay House Book Nook Blogger Program for sending me the complimentary copy for review!



1 comment:

  1. This looks like a beautiful story.

    I'm hosting 7 giveaways at my site this week if you want to stop on over and enter. hope you have a great weekend!

    Diane :O)
    www.dianeestrella.com

    ReplyDelete