Friday, January 11, 2013

Claiming Mariah - Pam Hillman

First of all, I want to thank Tyndale Blog Network for sending me this complimentary copy for review!

Overview
In light of her father’s death, Mariah Malone sends a letter that will forever alter the lives of her family. When Slade Donovan, strong willed and eager for vengeance, shows up on her front porch, Mariah is not ready to hear his truths: her father’s farm, the only home she’s ever known, was bought with stolen gold. With Slade ready to collect his father’s rightful claim and force Mariah and her family out on the streets, Mariah must turn to God for guidance. Though Mr. Frederick Cooper, a local landowner, promises to answer her financial woes if she agrees to be his bride, Mariah finds herself drawn instead to the angry young man demanding her home.

With the ranch now under Slade’s careful eye, he will unearth more than he ever imagined as a devious plot of thievery, betrayal and murder threatens more than the well-being of the ranch, endangering the lives of those who hold it dear. With days dwindling until the rest of the Donovan clan arrive to the Lazy M ranch, Mariah and Slade must rise above the resentment of their fathers and see their true feelings before greed alters their futures forever.

My Review

Honestly, if I could go back in time, I would love to have lived in the 1880s.  I've always loved studying and reading anything I can about the 1860s - 1890s.  That was quite a time for our country.

This is the first time I have read anything from Pam Hillman and I can, without any pause, say that I am definitely a fan of hers and look forward to reading more from her!

A great author, to me, is one that has you hooked on the first page and keeps your interest until the very last word in the book and this author achieved that!

I adore books where the author writes with such detail that you feel you are right in the middle of the story and that is how I felt reading Claiming Mariah!  I could easily picture Mariah, Slade, their family members, the townspeople, and the scenery of Wisdom.

Claiming Mariah is an easy read as I started reading this at 9 pm last night and finished shortly after midnight!  I couldn't put it down!

The story takes place in 1882 in the small western town of Wisdom, which is in the Wyoming Territory.

Mariah Malone is a determined young woman, who has a strong faith in God.  After her father's death, she is now running the family ranch, Lazy M Ranch.

She lives with her Grandmother and she also talks about her sister, Amanda, who lives in Philadelphia.

Slade Donovan is a man who is determined to give his family a life they deserve.  He has been bent on revenge since he was a young boy.

As the story unfolds, people learn about forgiveness, Faith, love, and realize that sometimes love comes out of the most unusual circumstances.

I highly recommend this book.  By the end, you will feel like you are in Wisdom and know each of the characters.

This would be a great book to become a series! There are so many future possibilities with this book!!

Thank you again for allowing me to review this book! 




5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the wonderful review. So glad you enjoyed Claiming Mariah. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms Hillman: Thank you so much for reading my review! I am definitely now a fan!

      Delete
  2. This looks like a great book to read. Thanks for your review.

    BTW-I have 5 giveaways going on at my site if you want to pop over. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    Diane :O)
    www.dianeestrella.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the reply! I will definitely check out your site!

      Thanks!

      Delete
  3. This looks like a great book. Thanks for your thoughts and the review.

    BTW- I have 6 giveaways going on at my site if you want to pop on over. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    Diane :O)
    www.dianeestrella.com

    ReplyDelete