Sunday, June 30, 2013

A GOD For All Seasons by Patti Tingen

Overview:

As nature's seasons change, so too do the seasons of our soul. But God's love never changes. He is with us through every season of our lives. Join author Patti Tingen in a year of exploration as she reflects on her own spiritual journey, and provides hope and encouragement for yours - month by month, season by season. Find reassurance and pause for reflection in the inspirational readings for each month of the year.

My Review:

I really enjoyed this book!  I love inspirational books that I can relate too.  And with being able to look at different inspirations during specific times during each season is wonderful!

Ms. Tingen does a terrific job with this book.  Below is part of an excerpt for the month of July.

"Fireworks, picnics, parties and fun-July is here and it's time to celebrate!  So run barefoot through the grass, take a splash in a swimming pool, set off a firecracker and let the watermelon juice run down your chin.  Return to the joys of your childhood, if only for an afternoon." 

Take a moment if you will and think about the paragraph above.  Can you picture eating a piece of watermelon and letting the juice drip down your chin?  Sounds relaxing and fun doesn't it?

I highly recommend this book for everyone!  It would go along great with your daily devotional.  This would also make the perfect gift for anyone on your gift list!

I give this book 5 *****.

Thank you to the Author, Patti Tingen, for providing me a copy of this book for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment