Monday, August 26, 2013

Blueberry Bubble Gum by Mahamad Ali Elfakir

Overview:

Get ready for adventure! School's out, and Max is gearing up for a summer of baseball with his friends. He's expecting fun in the sun and long, lazy days. But to his surprise, he finds himself transported to a strange and wonderful world after chewing magical blueberry bubble gum-bubble gum his parents warned him not to chew! Join Max in his adventures through Blueberry Bubble Gum World and meet the fascinating creatures who live there-the Blueberry Boy, King Erudition, and the lumpy, moldy green evil Waywards. Will Max learn his lesson and find his way home? Find out in this thrilling journey!

My Review:

I always read the books I receive to review first before I give them to my children to read.

I hate to admit it but I was surprised as to what happened to Young Max when he didn't listen to his parents!  And I even laughed out loud when I realized what happened!  Not just laughed, I mean giggled like a teenager.  And that my readers takes a lot now that I'm older! :0)

This book definitely went a different way then I thought it would. 

I'm not going into very much detail on this book and to tell you what happened to Max. That my friends is for your children to find out.  Let's just say you will have a new outlook on bubble gum after reading this book. 

I recommend this book for children ages 7 and up.  My tween thought this book was funny and still talks about it to this day.

Thank you to the author for providing me with a complimentary copy of this book for my honest review.

2 comments:

  1. Hello. Thank you for the review, I am so happy that you and your tween enjoyed the book! My kids love it and I hope that all that read the book will love it too! Take Care, Mahamad Ali ElFakir

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome and I look forward to reading more of your books.

    ReplyDelete