Saturday, December 7, 2013

The Sad Tree and Pronuba by Christina Steiner

Overview:

A Lonely Tree and a Special Friend... The desert is a lonely place for Joshua, a tree who has never seen another tree like him. He asks everyone in his environment to help him find a companion...but although the desert loves him, nobody can help. Things change for Joshua one beautiful spring night when a tiny moth comes to visit. This exquisite story about the life-cycle relationship between the Joshua Tree and the Pronuba Moth will delight readers of all ages.

My Review:

First, is the review from F, my oldest:

I LOVED the book!  I think this book would be good for kids learning to read.  It teaches kids about the life cycle.  I really like the story.

Now, my review:

In this book, you will get the opportunity to meet Joshua, who is a tree.  He is lonely and looks to find a companion.  None of his desert friends can help him.  One night, his whole world changes when he meets a tiny Moth, named Pronuba.

This book tells a simple version of the life cycle that children can understand.  The book is very nicely illustrated.

The book would be a great addition to your children's library, a school library, or your child's classroom library.  I highly recommend this book.

Thank you to the author for providing me with a complimentary copy of the book for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment