Monday, January 6, 2014

99 Stories From The BIble by Juliet David

Overview:

Following the narrative of the Bible, this collection of 99 stories starts with At the Beginning, and covers a wide variety of key events, including Samuel Listens, Esther, A Blind Man Sees, and Jesus Walks on the Lake, through to One Day Jesus Will Return. Each story is told over a double page spread with vibrant illustrations and some full page art.

My Review:

This is a nicely thought out bible story book for preschoolers and younger children.  The stories are short and to the point and considering the age group this book is geared to, it holds their attention.

My youngest enjoys listening to the stories and the illustrations are bright and get their attention.

 This book would be a great addition to your child's library, the Sunday School library, a gift for your favorite younger reader, or a great Preschool story time book.

I've seen other reviews that state there are not 99 stories in the book or index.  I have counted the titles four times and each time I come up with 99.  So I'm not sure what the difference is.  Not every story covers two pages.  Some stories are one page and others use two pages to tell one story.  This book lies flat which makes it easy to lay down if you are using it as a devotional or laying it on a table while you are reading it.

Thank you to Kregel Publications for providing me with a complimentary copy of the book for my review.


No comments:

Post a Comment