Thursday, February 13, 2014

Is Sunday School Destroying Our Kids by Samuel C. Williamson Book Review

Overview:

People in the world often reject Christianity simply because they can't distinguish it from mere morality. The world needs morality--oppression thrives when consciences are abandoned--but we need more than that alone. We need the gospel of grace. A gospel that has largely been lost amid the dos and don'ts and preoccupations of religious culture.

12 Essays on the Distinction Between Grace and Morality
Includes perspectives on topics such as:
  • Why Do Our Children Leave the Church?
  • Graceless Goodness: The Problem with Moralism
  • The False Gospel of "Just Do It"
  • The Temptations of Christian Publishing
  • The Ugliness of Religious Righteousness
  • The Insidious Danger of "I'd Never Do That"
  • We Read the Bible the Wrong Way
My Review:

This was honestly one of the most thought provoking books I have read in awhile.  I really appreciate the fresh perspective the author provides.

Here is one of the questions that are asked in this book.  "If Grace Is True, Why Be Moral"?

I will leave you with that thought provoking question.

This book is a must read for anyone who walks and struggles daily in the Christian faith. This won't be a quick read.  This is a very thought provoking book. 

Thank you to the author for providing me a complimentary copy of this book for my honest review.  All opinions are my own and are not influenced in any way.



No comments:

Post a Comment